The Bulgarian Black Seaside offers great opportunities to the couples, searching for romantic getaways and beautiful relaxing holidays by the sea. If you wish to escape from the annoying crowds and spend some time with your beloved, then you can check out our fresh romantic spot proposals for the summer in Bulgaria.
1. The old town of Nessebar Nessebar has its unique old town with specific cobbled streets, ancient ruins, lots of cultural and historical sightseeing. The Old Town is a cultural monument enclosed in UNESCO's World Heritage List. It carries the romantic spirit of the old “Mesembria” with its churches and monuments. The best way to enjoy Nessebar is by sitting in a nice restaurant by the sea with a glass of wine.
2. Lozenets – Alchohol Beach Bar Lozenets is a modern Black sea resort, offering small nice sandy beach, blue clear water and many opportunities for beach sports. Alcohol Beach Bar is a wonderful place to enjoy a fresh fruity cocktail, sunbathe on the lounge during the day or feel the sea breeze at night. Nice music, nice people, sunny and pleasant emotions await you there. The best way to enjoy is to kiss your beloved at the beach and dance a lot.
3. Sinemorets – Veleka River Sinemorets is a small resort, situated at the south-eastern coast of Bulgaria. The beach, where Veleka River flows into the sea is one of the most romantic beaches at the Bulgarian Black Sea. Pure waves, young, adventurous people, natural beauties and trees – a real paradise for romantic souls. The best way to enjoy is to swim in the sea, have fish and chips at the beach and laugh with friends.
4. Sozopol – the water lilies and St. Ivan Island Sozopol is the other Bulgarian resort famous for its Old Town. It is interesting with its old-style wooden houses (some of them are national monuments). Very close to Sozopol, in Arkutino swamp is a 62 hectare area of floating water lilies, irises and creeping liana vines. A few kilometers further south is the Ropotamo river nature reserve. The best way to enjoy is to rent a boat/yacht and sail to the nearby St. Ivan Island – the biggest Bulgarian island in the Black Sea.
5. Balchik – the gardens of the Queen Palace + the winery Most probably Balchik has the most romantic atmosphere of all resorts. The Queen’s Palace is a must see. It is a former summer residence of the Romanian Queen Maria and has a striking effect on the visitor for its unique romantic design and atmosphere. Beautiful gardens along the sea and breathtaking park, designed as a replica of the famous labyrinth on the island of Crete. The best way to enjoy is to go wine tasting in the winery – great wines sold there. Best sort – red desert wine with honey and herbs.
6. Kamen Bryag – the rock cliffs and the birds Kamen Bryag is situated between Shabla and Kavarna. This is the place where the Dobrudja plateau is cut on terraces. The rocks of Kamen Bryag are visited by rare birds- cormorants, owls, golden eyes and etc. The place is romantic, especially for bird-watchers and people, fond of the beautiful nature. Best way to enjoy is to explore the coast, watch the birds and take unique photos. Scuba-diving is also popular in the site.
7. Kiten – the beach and the town Kiten is one of the most attractive sites on the southern Black sea coast. The romance is in the picturesque nature and the two cozy beaches: the northern - Atliman and the southern- Karaagach. Golden sand, warm sun and calm sea offer great opportunity for a perfect holiday. Best way to enjoy- visit the numerous choices of local restaurants and taverns, night clubs and discos in the town. Family friendly resort.
8. Sveti Vlas – Marina Dinevi The new marina in Sveti Vlas (Saint Vlass) is a real gem for romantic yacht lovers. “Dinevi” marina is located between the famous sea resorts Sunny Beach and Elenite. It is in a close proximity to the mountains and thus offering beautiful views. The port has dockage for 300 yachts, including 50 boats of over 25 meters in length. Boats are moored on 6 floating walkways. Power, water, mobile re-fueling facilities (petrol and diesel), access to Internet, cable TV, telephone and fax are available at each mooring space . Best way to enjoy – of course buy or rent a yacht and spend a romantic date in the open sea.
9. Bourgas Bay - The Bridge The bay of Bourgas is the largest bay at the Black Sea coast. If you are staying in Bourgas then you should definitely go to the Old Bridge - the symbol of the city. At the end, the bridge is set on two floors, so that you can climb to the second floor and look at the sea from atop. Best way to enjoy – have an ice-cream and walk the bridge at dawn, so that you can see what a nice Bourgas sun-set is.
10. Varna - the Sea Garden The Sea Garden is one of the most favourite places for the visitors of Varna. Located along the city's coast, it is an important tourist attraction and a national monument of landscape architecture. The garden features an amphitheatre, an astronomic site with an observatory, planetarium and a zoo. The beach has two quays, numerous restaurants and disco clubs and is just beneath the Sea Garden Park. Best way to enjoy – have a walk in the garden and see a show in the Dolphinarium.